23 Facts About Me
In honor of turning 23 and my recent birthday on the December 5th, I wanted to do a 23 facts about me post. I'm evolving and changing every year so having a moment of self reflection is nice to note my progress. Plus it's fun letting people get to know me a little better.
1. My hair has been natural for 6 years but I've been wearing my hair curly for 3 going on 4 years in January.
2. I'm double jointed in both my index fingers.
3. I haven't waxed my eyebrows in almost 2 years. #eyebrowsthickandproud
4. I have a tea addiction since I don't like coffee. Don't judge me.
5. I started slamming a little over a year ago.
6. I majored in creative writing and psychology while in college.
7. Red pandas annoy me because they look like bear foxes and not pandas lol
8. I've written the most amount of new/fairly finished poems this year than any other year so far. (est: 5-6)
9. I can do a headstand pretty well currently working on my forearm stand and eventually a handstand.
10. I love blueberry waffles but I don't like blueberries by themselves.
11. My strongest form of fiction is flash: 300 words or less.
12. I'm a professional binge watcher and rewatcher of TV shows. I watched the entire 8 seasons of house in like 2 and a half weeks one summer. Then rewatched it lol
13. I moved into my first solo apartment with my boyfriend this year in Sept.
14. I've only been out of the country once in 2008 to Barbados (going again in Jan for my graduation gift, thanks mama 😊)
15. I tried to give myself side bangs when I was younger and blunt cut my hair. I looked injured.
16. I haven't done a twist out on my hair in about 4 months or so, only wash n go's which is rare but I'm loving it.
17. I'm not a model, my friends are just talented and amazing with a camera lol
18. I really love peanut butter cups. Specifically the minis...I feel like there's more peanut butter in them.
19. I started writing fiction and short stories before I ever wrote poems and I didn't like poetry when I was first introduced to it lol
20. 98% of the time I don't intentionally memorize my poems. After a lot of editing and writing the poem by hand after each edit, it just sticks.
21. I can't leave the house without my headphones. Ever.
22. I can’t whistle but Curtis is teaching me.
23. I take everything seriously lol it's pretty bad but I'm working on it.